Motorcycle Riders Association of Western Australia Inc. (MRAWA)
Code of Conduct
Applicability of the Code
The Code applies to all MRAWA members, their proxies and nominated members of committees, employees, or groups formed to assist the MRAWA conduct its business.
The Code applies at all MRAWA meetings, official visits and events and any other official gathering or meetings where individuals are representing the MRAWA
1 As a MRAWA member, we will;
- act ethically and with integrity;
- make decisions fairly, impartially and promptly, considering all available information, legislation, policies and procedures;
- treat members of the public and colleagues with respect, courtesy, honesty and fairness, and have proper regard for their interests, rights, safety and welfare, and ensure that all have the opportunity to express their views to the MRAWA.
- not harass, bully or discriminate against colleagues, members of the public and employees;
- contribute to a harmonious, safe and productive work environment by our work habits, and professional workplace relationships; and
- fulfilling our purpose as MRAWA members and Committee members.
2 Communication and official information – we will:
- not disclose official information or documents acquired through any MRAWA Committee, other than as required by law or where proper authorisation is given by The MRAWA Management Committee.
- not misuse official information for personal or commercial gain for yourself or anothers;
- adhere to legal requirements, policies and all other lawful directives regarding communication with members of the media and members of the public generally; and
- respect the confidentiality and privacy of all information as it pertains to individuals.
- Fraudulent and corrupt behaviour – we will:
- not engage in fraud or corruption;
- report any fraudulent or corrupt behaviour; and
- be accountable for the decisions and input we provide.