Meeting started at 19.35
ATTENDANCE: Lyn & Roger Jutte, Ray Fitall, Dick Watson, Chewi, Allan Sanger, George Batt, Colin Hewitt,m Jeff Mazey, Joanne Wells, David Wright, Chris Meyer, Rick Putland & Mark Gilbert.
APOLOGIES: Dee, Jeena, Rhonda.
NEW MEMBERS/ GUESTS: Rick & Mark from Ulyses Fremantle.
PREVIOUS MINUTES: Matters Arising.
Dave – The money for the Queensland Anti Association Fund has been sent off.
SECRETATIES REPORT: Lyn
Correspondence – Albany Vintage & Classic M/C Club mag.
Corse Language (DOCWA) mag.
Black Dog Ride newsletter (email).
PRESIDENTS REPORT: Dave
- M/C donated from the RAC has been repaired by Steve’s Motorcycles at a cost of $427.40/ to be used as a rally bike.
- AMC annual Conference to be held in Perth this year. I approached the RAC to sponsor. They have agreed for the use of the RAC building and catering in August.
- I will send pictures to Jeff M. Of the trailer to go on Gumtree.
VICE PRESIDENTS REPORT: Jeff M.
On my long rides I am using a Spot tracking device. Is quite small and easy to locate onto the bike. Costs $188.00 and $170.00 a year for satellite tracking. The information is easy to retrieve.
Dave and I have been talking about this and other devices and information has just been received about an app for Iphones which can track and is free.
TREASURERS REPORT: Joanne
Debit – $797.25 Credit – $ 72.60 Total – $5561.24
EDITOR: Jeff T
The Edge Mag has been sent to print. Most people are getting their magazines now.
RIDES & EVENTS: Jeff M.
- Sunday Feb 23rd Lunch ride John Forrest Tavern. Leave Coffee hut 11am.
- Sunday 9th March Breakfast ride to Margaret River. Leave BP Success 5am.
- Sunday 23rd March Black Dog ride.
- Overnighter 5th – 6th April Walpole. Leave Kelmscott Macca’a 9am.
- Sunday 27th April Day ride to Moora. Leave Gingers Roadhouse 10.00am.
- Sunday 4th May Day ride Wongan Hills. Leave Caltex Midvale 10.00am.
- Long weekend 31st May – 2nd June NUMBAT Rally.
Not doing the Chicken Run this year because of the Numbat rally.
ROADSAFETY /POLITICAL: Dave
- Bus Lanes – M/C trials in bus lanes seemed to have stalled. Unable to find out what is happening, I am a bit concerned.
- Helmet Standards – NSW is looking at accepting European Helmet Standards. ACCC has to agree (If passed, eventually will become Australia wide).
- Had a call from Ulysees Geraldton about if I had a video on M/C cornering. NSW has a good M/C website of M/C riding techniques, sent them the information.
- Attended M/C Safety Advisory group meeting last week.
- New actions including a separate M/C safety strategy. Draught version.
- Organising black spot funding for M/C with Main Roads.
- Main rds crash stats found most accidents involving M/C are their fault. Fatalities 2/3 city & 1/3 country.
- Blowin interlocks for drink drivers, can be placed on M/C.
- Police are using unmarked M/C and have caught 2500 people using phones while driving.
- I need permission to do a stock reorder as there are only a couple of T-shirts left? Done.
- Do we want hoodies (as they are popular)? Dave – Leave till after Numbat as funds are getting low.
- Colin – Can you order me a long sleeved (m) T-shirt. Thankyou.
- Lifers – 9 Single – 126 Family – 30 Total – 197
- Dave -Membership forms will contain section with credit card details.
Jeff M. – I am concerned about those details being sent by post.
Dave – You will be able to pay online, by phone or post.
- Had the first meeting at Lyn & Roger’s on the 29th
- George is organising toilets, screens and stubbie holders.
- Jeff M. is organising media/ advertising and will start early.
- Bruce is organising printing of posters and leaflets.
- Lyn to organise the shop, letters to York Hospital and Quairading St John Ambulance and to contact the Vietch family about the rally site availability and soup kitchen.
- Busybee on the weekends of 15th–16th March and 17t –18th Volunteers needed.
- Ray to pick up the Roadwise trailer.
Chris – there is a Vintage swap meet in Cannington Show grounds Sunday 30th March.
Next meeting 19th March.
Meeting closed 21.00